Friday, July 19, 2013

The infamous pattern down one side wrap dress...

photo copy 8So for the last year I have followed MimiG Style, as well as worked with her. She shops us regularly and I love seeing what she does with our fabrics. A few months ago MimiG made this wrap dress from a floral knit and we sold over 200 yards in a few days. It was crazy. Every time she makes a dress I say we should make one, but the days just get away from us and we don't. Well now we have!


dress standing


This dress is really figure flattering and makes me feel very statuesque. While Robin followed the pattern here are a few issues we ran into. She needed an extra  yard and a half than the pattern called out for due to the floral pattern running right down the middle of the fabric. Also the pattern didn't call for a belt. We definitely felt the dress needed one so Robin cut a 55" by 6" stripe from the salvage & in a snap we had our belt.

photo copy

I really liked the ruching detail on the sleeve. Just a simple detail, but it really made this dress feel polished.

While the dress is a bit heavy, due to the length and the ITY fabric, it also gives you nice coverage and hides any lumps and bumps without needing to be lined. This fabric is great for travel. Roll it in your suitcase and it comes out looking great. I will definitely be taking this on my vacation in a few weeks. It is so comfy, yet nice enough to wear out to dinner. I will be wearing it for the date night I am planning for my husband. Our one night out without the kids. I can't wait!

photo copy 6

If you're in Los Angeles, stop by and see us in person. This dress will be in the front display for the next 2 weeks, than it will be in Hawaii with me!

Enjoy!

Regina & Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment